Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Baby Allison and other friends



Welcome baby Allison! I received this picture in the mail along with Alli's birth announcement the other day, and it brought a huge smile to my face to see my quilt in one of Alli's first professional baby pictures! I'm so happy that mom, dad and baby Alli seem to be enjoying the quilt, because it is one of my favorites that I've made.

As far as my mod sampler quilt, it's moving along, while giving me a run for my money all at the same time. I seem to have made two new friends througout the quilting process this time around.



Hello seam ripper, hello lint roller, it seems we've been seeing alot of each other these days. It all started when I became overzealous and decided to try a free motion flower pattern described by Oh Fransson! in a recent tutorial of hers. I read through the tutorial, and thought "piece of cake, I can do this" and dug right in. Well 4 flowers later, I decided that my flowers were nowhere near as nice and I hated it. So after an hour of contemplating scrapping the whole quilt and just starting over, I decided to try and rip out the quilting and start anew with my good ole standby, stippling, that I love so much.

So thats what I did. I tried to make sure I heavily stippled where the punctures from the old quilting was, its still noticeable (to me at least), but I'm hoping once it's washed that will help make it even less noticeable when its all crinkled up.



I have the binding sewn together, pressed and ready to go. It's an Alexander Henry print called Mod Dots. I'm in love. I think it maybe my favorite print in my stash right now. (and how fitting "Mod dots" binding on my "Mod Sampler" quilt)



Hopefully tommorow I'll get the binding on the quilt and will have more pics to share!

1 comment:

  1. I love the looks of so many quilting designs I see out there, but you know, once they're washed and dried, you just can't hardly beat good ol' meandering !
    This is going to be a pretty quilt !

    ReplyDelete