Monday, June 7, 2010

Completed beach quilt top


Its finished! I really love the way this turned out, it's so bright and vibrant and just makes you smile!


The top measures 76 inches x 66.5 inches, and is by far the largest quilt I've made

I'm still not quite sure how I want to quilt this bad boy, I was initially thinking of free motion stippling (thats my favorite) but the more I look at it the more I think maybe just straight line quilting would be best?? Hmmm...

As for the backing I'm thinking of using these:

It's a bright aqua/blue quilters cotton solid and I think it's Kona Charcoal, and I'm thinking of piecing in the extra 4 color blocks I had leftover into the charcoal color. I'm so excited to finish this up so this quilty goodness can be put to good use!!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful job !
    You are moving through that quilt like a storm !
    Keep up the momentum and go for it !
    I just know I'm gonna like that back !

    ReplyDelete