Wednesday, September 7, 2011

WIP Wednesday {9.7.2011}

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

Wednesday?  Already?  As if the weeks don't seem to fly by already, these holiday weekends really throw things off!  Here's what's new from the sewing room...

New Projects

Amy Butler Weekender Bag

AB Weekender Bag Supplies

Bandwagon, here I come!  My pattern just came in the mail today, and I'm itching to get working on this bad boy.  I'm taking everyone's lessons to heart, and plan on reading, reading again, and possibly reading backwards the directions before starting...


In Progress 

FTLOS


Thank you everyone for your positive encouragement and feedback on this little guy.  I am mid way through quilting this mini, and am liking it much more with the quilting.  My partner is fairly quiet, so I'm heavily relying on her mosaic which would lead me to believe this is up her alley!

FWQAL

FWQAL 1-30

My blocks are slowly growing week by week and consuming my design wall!  This week I completed blocks 27-30.  More on this weeks blocks here.

Birdie Stitches

Birdie Stitches Block 3

I finished up March's Birdie Stitches block this week.  I felt it was needing a little something extra, so I added some extra flowers using Clover and Violets Embroidery 101.


This Weeks Stats

New Projects: 3
Completed Projects: 0
In Progress: 9

For the Love of Solids {a modern swap}
FWQAL
Birdie Stitches QAL
Solid Spiderweb quilt
Weekender Bag
September Bee Blocks
Pillow Swap
UFO Quilt tops (maybe, one day...)
Postage Stamp quilt top
Central Park quilt top

Be sure to stop over at Freshly Pieced and add your WIP!








20 comments:

  1. I just love your FW blocks. The fabrics you've chosen look so wonderful together. I may have to step into an Amy Butler pattern a little slower. I was thinking about trying the blossom bag Bree is doing in her Style Stitches Sew Along.
    http://my-crafty-crap.blogspot.com/2011/09/style-stitches-sew-along-blossom-bag.html
    I have some Amy Butler decor fabric left over from redoing my dining room chairs that I may use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love the extra flowers you added to your Birdie Stitches block!! So pretty!! And I adore the fabric you picked for your Weekender, so pretty :) Welcome to the bandwagon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the solids project looks great and i love you farmers wife blocks so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your FW blocks, very nice! I have the Amy Butler book, too, but so far I've only read and reread the directions. No courage yet to tackle a project. Good luck with yours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that fabric will be fantastic for a weekender! Don't hesitate to ask if you have questions while you're making it! Your solids mini looks great and I love all the colors in your farmers wife.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun solids project! And your little Farmer's Wife blocks are looking great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your farmer;s wife blocks look lovely together so far. They're really looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think your FW quilt is one of my favorites I've seen. Your colors all blend together really well. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everything is just beautiful! I particularly like you FW blocks and I can't wait to see your weekender! I am hoping to be brave enough to try it one day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm never quiet so clearly I am not your partner then ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looking good all the way around! Every project has such great color and your FW blocks looks so nice together.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Don't read the instructions backwards too much - you may end up with an inside-out-upside-down bag (which could be lovely, of course, if that's what you wanted!!) LOL

    Your little birdie embroideries are so sweet.

    I'm glad you're liking the zigzag quilt more!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This was really fun to read--I've not stopped by your blog before (I think). Weekender Bag! Impressive. I have to make a travel bag but I don't have the nerve. Or maybe it's time and patience, but I'll be interested in your progress.

    Fun to see those Farmer Wife's blocks all arrayed there on your wall--really stunning. You've been busy too with embroidery? You are an amazing quilter!

    Elizabeth E!
    http://occasionalpiece.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Weekender Bag is one bandwagon I have NO urge to join. : ) But I'm looking forward to seeing yours, love the fabric choices! And your FW blocks are looking gorgeous. Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What fun projects! You're so brave to start the Weekender!
    And I LOVE all your Farmer's Wife blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loving the mini! What is it??

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your birdie stitches turned out so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'll be anxiously following your progress on the Weekender. Did you read the post about fusing the piping together the first time instead of stitching? I wish I had done that...

    ReplyDelete
  19. P.S. Love LOVE the little flowers on Birdie Stitches. I might add some of those myself. SO cute!

    ReplyDelete